I'm 4 days post op from BA and know have 1 small blister under each incision , is this normal? (photos)

Blistering Near Incision

This is most likely due to tape that was holding your dressing to your incisions.  Please visit your surgeon so that he can care for these minor injuries. There should be no long term sequela from these blisters.

Blisters after Breast Augmentation

Hello 'SIDIHIAb12', thanks for your question.  Yes, occasionally blisters can occur around surgical sites which many times is due to accumulated moisture or skin irritation from postop dressings.  Your photo looks OK, but keep an eye on it and be sure to let your plastic surgeon know if the skin turns red, you develop fevers, or if pus starts to drain, which are all signs of infection.  Hopefully you have a followup visit soon where they may keep a close watch on your recovery with you.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Blisters after procedures

are usually due to traction injuries on your skin from tape or steri-strips.  They will heal with TLC and you should let your surgeon know so it can be followed and documented. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Blister Close to Breast Augmentation Incision

This could be due sheering effect of the tape, reaction to tape, Betadine, etc.  In any case, it should heal nicely without a permanent scar, as long as it's treated appropriately in time.

I recommend for you to follow up with your surgeon as soon as you can for evaluation and treatment.

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Blistering under incision

Blistering under the incision is usually caused by shearing from the dressings/tape/etc. Local wound care with Xeroform and bacitracin dressing changes each day should result in appropriate healing.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Augmentation Blister

I cant quite tell if you have a blister or you are having drainage from the incision.  If it is a blister, it may have resulted from the tape that you had on your incisions?

If this is drainage from your incision them I would be more worried and would recommend follow up with your plastic surgeon.

If it is a blister, in my opinion, I would leave it alone until it opens up.  When it does open I would generally recommend some type of antibiotic ointment over the area until it heals.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Blisters

I wouldn't say this is "normal" but it doesn't appear to be the sign of a serious problem.  Based on the photos it looks like it might be a blister caused by tape or a dressing.  

Scott Thellman, MD
Lawrence Plastic Surgeon

Drainage?

It looks like you may have a periareolar incision and if there is drainage or changes in the skin, it may be best to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon and have your questions addressed in person. Best, MMT