Thinking of using Coolsculpting. I really want to contour the belly pouch and love handles. Would this help me?

I am a 5 foot 40 y/o mother of a 15 y/o and 3 y/o twins. I weighed 132 prior to twin pregnancy and after wards got down to 142 but currently at 170. I try to eat healthy and exercise but cant seem to lose. I'm comfortable with my weight just not the hangover muffin top. My skin was seriously stretched and I have seperate muscle.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Its difficult to assess without a photo
However, it is typically used to treat what you describe

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting

At our office, we have a wide variety of non-surgical fat reduction and body contouring devices to suit every patient’s unique needs, including ThermiRF, UltraShape, and Vanquish. CoolSculpting can definitely be an option for you and we have seen great success in treating the stomach and love handles. A consultation with one of our board-certified and internationally renowned dermatologists is recommended so that you can get the best treatment to help you achieve your goals. At MD Laser Skin Vein Dermatology, we help to develop new procedures and we have a lot of experience with CoolSculpting since we helped to develop it and get it approved by the FDA.

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidate

Coolsculpting may be an option for you if you understand the limits of the procedure and you go to an experienced center.  The results will depend on how much skin laxity you have versus fatty tissue.  It also depends on the thickness of the fatty tissue as the result will depend on how much tissue can be drawn into the applicator.
However, do understand that if the skin is very stretched and the muscles separated, then a tummy tuck may be the best option for you. If you are looking solely for a non-surgical option, then I would also consider a center that has skin tightening devices such as the Profound system or Ultherapy as you may get some degree of skin tightening on top of volume reduction.
I would visit a center that has a multitude of non-invasive options coupled with surgical solutions to address your concerns so you have an informed consultation/decision making process.

CoO

Coolscupting can definitely be an option for you.We have a wide variety of non-surgical fat reduction and body contouring devices to suit every patient’s unique needs ad Maryland Laser Skin & Vein, including ThermiRF, UltraShape, and Vanquish. A consultation is recommended so that you can get the best treatment catered for you.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting versus Liposuction / Tummy Tuck for belly pouch, love handles and muscle weakness

Dear trspp01:

CoolSculpting is a wonderful addition to the body contouring armamentarium. It is worthwhile for patients who desire a non-surgical option. Unfortunately, it remains quite limited in its single use application. 

You may consider CoolSculpting like a visit to the hair salon and make appointments for many sessions over many months. A group of our patients are happy with this "Treatment to Transformation" schedule. Others convert themselves to surgical procedures to obtain a more contoured and tighter result using liposuction and tummy tuck options. 

The alternatives depend on many factors including:
  1. recovery time
  2. budget
  3. companion or assistance at home
  4. desired expectations
  5. medical issues
  6. weight stability and weight loss wishes
  7. and others.
Based on the information you have provided above, I anticipate a better surgical option for you. It will be best for you to obtain a consult from a well experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine and review these many considerations. 

I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting

We have a wide variety of non-surgical fat reduction and body contouring devices to suit every patient’s unique needs, including ThermiRF, UltraShape, and Vanquish. Coolscupting can definitely be an option for you. A consultation is recommended so that you can get the best treatment catered for you.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting post pregnancy

Coolsculpting is an exceptionally simple and highly effective treatment for bulges in the abdomen, flanks, love handles, buttocks, and inner and outer thighs.  If your muscles are separated, however, you may need surgery to correct the area.  An in office consultation is the best way to know if you are a good candidate.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.

CoolSculpting post pregnancy

CoolSculpting is an excellent treatment for stubborn bulges. We have used it with great results in many patients after pregnancy. Loose skin does not improve significantly with CoolSculpting. For this we use a radiofrequency technique, usually Velashape III to tighten the skin. Reducing volume may give you the results you're looking for. At that point, you can consider whether adding a skin tightening procedure makes sense to achieve your goals.

CoolSculpting for fat loss by freezing and killing the fat cells by Zeltiq

Not all patients with an excess of fat are good candidates for CoolSculpting. That is why in my NYC practice I evaluate all patients myself.  If there is a focal area of fat accumulation, rather than a generalized overweight situation, and if the area can fit one of the many applicators we have, then that patient might develop a good result from fat loss with CoolSculpting. Some skin, even badly damaged by stretch marks and thinning, retracts after CoolSculpting (but stretch marks do not go away).

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon