What can I put on the incision to help ease the pain under my breast?

Breast Pain

Hello and thank you for your inquiry.  In order to answer this question, more information is required such as what kind of breast surgery, how long ago was this surgery and of course the submission of photographs would also help. Speak with your surgeon and express your concerns. Good luck and hope this information has helped you.

Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Incision pain

I think first you have to give more information. Is this an old scar? a new scar? or what.  Please post more info.

Pain after augmentation

Congratulations on your augmentation tarabrum! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had and if your wounds have all healed. If the breast looks different and feels different, it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Everyone has different threshholds and types of pain.  Best of luck, MMT

Marissa Tenenbaum, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately without a series of photographs to determine if any issues are taking place, I would recommend speaking to your surgeon about your incision pain and any recommendations for improvement.  

Incision

Hard to say without photos or knowing what you had done.  In general, early after a procedure, antibiotic ointment like Bacitracin or Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic ointment is recommended on the incisions.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

You should address questions or concerns with your chosen surgeon as he or she knows exactly what was done during surgery. 

Regards 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Pain and incisions

The incisions should be covered by taped for the first 6 weeks in the form of steristrips or micropore. After 6 weeks of taping topical application of vitamin E or Bio Oil for 3 months is ideal. If after that you feel the incision is itchy, red, thick or painful you need to seek advice from your surgeon about further scar managment