Can the small cool sculpting applicator (normally used on the sides) be used on the abdomen?

I've had 3 cool sculpts on the abdomen with the large applicator and the results have been good, but I still have a small bulge. I don't think I have enough fat for the large applicator. I was wondering if using the small applicator would be more appropriate (and less painful) on my abdomen.

Small Applicator at Abdomen

The Cool Core applicator can be used at the abdomen to address smaller areas. Sometimes the Cool Smooth applicator can be used for non pliable areas of fat. It is best to be evaluated in person so that they may determine which applicator will best address your concerns.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The applicators have certain purposes but they can be used anywhere 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolscupting and applicator selection

Coolsculpting has many different applicators currently available.  We often use the small applicator for a small area in the abdomen.  It sounds like from your description that the small applicator would be more appropriate.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in coolsculpting who has all of the latest applicators.

The smaller applicators are coded as purple applicators internally.

It is possible to use a number of different applicators in different configurations to deliver excellent results with CoolSculpting, so the quick answer to your question is yes it is possible. Depending on your size and shape a provider who has attended CoolSculpting University should be able to help you do a three-hundred-sixty degree evaluation and create a protocol for treatment to transformation. I have done the CoolMax applicator which is their largest applicator on my lower abdomen and have used two of the smaller "purple applicators" on my upper abdomen (at the bottom of my rib cage) and have been very pleased with the results that I was able to get personally.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

CoolSculpting applicators

The CoolCore, CoolCurve, CoolMax, CoolFit, and CoolSmooth applicators were designed to fit every body type and size and can be used to treat not only the abdomen, but the inner and outer thighs, arms, flanks, banana rolls (below the buttocks), saddlebags, muffin tops, back rolls, and bratops.

Your physician will likely hold templates for these applicators to the areas to be treated, and this will help in the decision as to the best applicator for you at this time.  It is certainly possible that a smaller applicator will be just perfect.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Applicators designed for versatility

Each applicator is uniquely designed to fit multiple areas on the body, allowing providers to create customized treatment plans to meet the individual needs of their patients. The CoolCore was made for the core/abdomen, and the CoolCurve was meant for the curves/sides of the body. The CoolCurve is a little bit smaller than the CoolCore and have more prominent "ears" to fit on the sides rather than the abdomen. Deviating from correct treatment protocol placement will cause irregular outcomes such as plate indentations.

Several different applicators are used

Thanks for the question. CoolSculpting therapy of today involves the
use, on occasion, of several different applicators to assure that we are
treating to what we call Treatment to Transformation. So the answer to
your question is yes – smaller applicators are used all the time when we
only need them after using the larger areas for the debulking part of the
procedure. Find a reputable CoolSculpting procedure to learn how this is
done and the best methods to use for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

As you know, coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. There are several applicators for treating different areas and different amounts of tissue. Have you physician examine you to determine which would be best for you at this point.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Which CoolSculpting Applicator To Use?

Technically, any CoolSculpting applicator can be used on the abdomen provides it fits. We often use the large applicator for debulking and the smaller applicators for sculpting. An experienced CoolSculpting physician will know which applicators to use to give you the best results. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Best to discuss with Your Doctor

Thank you for your question. I am glad to hear you have had a good experience with the treatments that you have already had done. My suggestion would be to discuss this area of concern with the practitioner that has been treating you and see what their suggestion is. If they are familiar with you and your treatments they will know which handpiece is most sutable for the area. Here at Stillwater Plastic Surgery we evaluate and measure the area of concern and discuss with the patient which handpiece would be most appropriate. I hope your treatments continue to go well.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon