4 weeks post-op from my tummy tuck. Discharging a clear liquid from my belly button. Normal? (photo)

I was using triple antibiotic for my belly button a month after my TT. I used it for 3 weeks and caught an allergic reaction. Went to dermatologist and they gave me a topical antibiotic. Clear up the rash and it looks better but now I have a clear discharge. Is this normal?..

Drainage

The drainage may be an infection or fluid collection. But to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Clear discharge from a tummy tuck

Thanks for reaching out.  The clear fluid could be a sign of a seroma or even the start of infection. It is important to be seen right away by your surgeon to get an accurate diagnosis and the proper treatment plan.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon