Is it normal to have itchiness and soreness start 2.5 months p.o from liposuction?

I had liposuction done on my flanks, back bra area as well as my pubic mons 2.5 months ago. I had been feeling fine till recently I've started having a soreness and itching sensation in all the areas. I'm constantly aware of the areas lipo when I had been comfortable for some time now and unaware previously. Is this a normal part of healing or is it stretching? I've had the typical few pound fluctuation but nothing over a few pounds.

Surgery

Hello dear thanks for your question and provided information as well. I recommend you to wait and calm.. Because it is normal after surgery that you feel itchiness, soreness, burns and also pain afetr a procedure like this one, be patient, with your medication you will be fine

Greetings

Thank happens for most patients and it is possible for itchiness, soreness, burns and also pain afetr a procedure like this one

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Unusual

This is unusual but probably not something to worry about. Post op swelling can occur for 3-6 months. However, I would suggest that you speak with your surgeon. Always best to err on the side of caution. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Soreness in itching to and a half months after liposuction.

This is a little bit unusual but not totally out of the question. At 10 weeks there still swelling and inflammation that can trigger these unpleasant sensations. Nevertheless, have your surgeon check you out.

Pain and Itching Post Liposuction

This is normal and can last 6-12 months.  Typically this is nerve pain and is improved with oral medication.  I suggest you see your physician for treatment/evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.