Unevenness post surgery question (Photo)

Got my breast augmentation 24 days ago, I got 375 ccs in my left breast and 400 in my right to correct a slight unevenness. Now that I'm three weeks out I'm not happy with the look of my left breast, I feel like it looks much smaller than my right (the camera FLIPS my pictures so my left breast in the picture is actually my right). And I feel like they look uneven Any advice? I wish I had done 425+ ccs

Uneven

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given that you are only three weeks post-op, it is too soon for your to assess the results of your surgery.  You did have some pre-existing asymmetry, but at this point your breasts still need to heal, reduce in swelling and drop into place which can take at least three months.  Your left breast still appears to be riding high, so be sure to closely follow your surgeon's instructions as you move forward to ensure optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Asymmetry

Many patients report that one side will swell or sit a little higher for longer after surgery. Asymmetric healing can be normal, especially when starting with a notable asymmetry and two different sized implants. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon regarding any concerns and try to be patient as it will take between 2-6 months for your breasts to soften and settle.

All the best

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Early in recovery phase

With a surgery for two different sized breasts that are slightly shaped differently as well and using different size implants, especially this early in the postoperative period, your photos look pretty good to me for this stage of the game. Keep following up with your chosen plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Uneven breasts

Hello, if there was preoperative asymmetry and different implants were inserted, sometimes they will settle at different rates.  Your PS will be able to follow this along with you.  The final result is usually not apparent for several months after surgery.

Breast Implants

So far you seem to have a nice result. It can take 3 - 6 months for your breasts to drop into  final position. Give it some time. Continue to follow your surgeons instructions and contsct him or her with any concerns. Best of luck.