My question is do I get lipo or a fully body lift? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Once you’ve reached your final weight, you may be a candidate for a body lift.
Congratulations on your weight loss! It’s not clear from your question if you plan to continue to lose weight, but you may benefit from a body lift when you’ve reached your weight loss goals. It’s common for people who lose a lot of weight to have excess hanging skin, particularly in the lower portion of the body. Once you reach your target weight and are able to maintain the same weight for at least three months, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon about which procedures can best help you sculpt your body and put the finishing touches on your weight loss. A body lift combines liposuction to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat with removal of excess skin.
Lipo or a fully body lift?
Liposuction or body lift after losing 80 pounds
- It sounds as though you may still be losing weight.
- Get to your goal weight, keep it there for 3 months and then you will almost certainly need a lower body lift.
- This will give you the sculpted look you want.
- At the moment, you have a lot of loose skin - and on the flanks a little fat.
- The fat will go if you lose a bit more weight - and you will be an excellent candidate for a lower body lift.
- If this is your final weight, you may need a abdominoplasty or body lift, with some liposuction.
- Keep up the good work - congratualtions on getting fit!
You might also like...
Congratulations on your weight loss! It appears that you have a combination of excess skin from your impressive weight loss, as well as some residual fatty tissue. At this stage for you, I would recommend that you continue to work toward achieving a goal weight at which you can be stable for at least 6 months. That would provide a better understanding how what procedure would be best for you in addressing your specific concerns and goals. Best of luck!