My question is do I get lipo or a fully body lift? (Photos)

So far I have lost 80lbs. I am 27 years old. I cannot tell if this is extra skin or fat. My overall goal would be to sculpt my body more proportionately.

Once you’ve reached your final weight, you may be a candidate for a body lift.

Congratulations on your weight loss! It’s not clear from your question if you plan to continue to lose weight, but you may benefit from a body lift when you’ve reached your weight loss goals. It’s common for people who lose a lot of weight to have excess hanging skin, particularly in the lower portion of the body. Once you reach your target weight and are able to maintain the same weight for at least three months, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon about which procedures can best help you sculpt your body and put the finishing touches on your weight loss. A body lift combines liposuction to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat with removal of excess skin.

Lipo or a fully body lift?

In large weight loss patients it is uncommon that you will be a candidate for liposuction alone. The major component after the weight loss is loose skin. From the appearance of your photos you will need some type of skin resection. Liposuction can be done in conjunction with a body lift procedure, but alone would not be appropriate for you. Congrats on your weight loss.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or body lift after losing 80 pounds

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • It sounds as though you may still be losing weight.
  • Get to your goal weight, keep it there for 3 months and then you will almost certainly need a lower body lift.
  • This will give you the sculpted look you want.
  • At the moment, you have a lot of loose skin - and on the flanks a little fat.
  • The fat will go if you lose a bit more weight - and you will be an excellent candidate for a lower body lift.
  • If this is your final weight, you may need a abdominoplasty or body lift, with some liposuction.
  • Keep up the good work - congratualtions on getting fit!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Body contouring

Congratulations on your weight loss!  It appears that you have a combination of excess skin from your impressive weight loss, as well as some residual fatty tissue.  At this stage for you, I would recommend that you continue to work toward achieving a goal weight at which you can be stable for at least 6 months.  That would provide a better understanding how what procedure would be best for you in addressing your specific concerns and goals.  Best of luck!

Benjamin Wood, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss!From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting.  With the skin tightening component of the Vaser you may not need a Tummy Tuck. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon