I have a bulge above my belly button 4.5 months posts op.

I had a tummy tuck and only a few weeks post opi started to vomit. I felt a pull in upper abdomen above my belly bottom. After that I had fluid and the dr kept aspirating fluid. But it's now 4.5 months. And upper abdomen still has a bulge. Will an ultrasound show if there is a tear. Or jus fluid

4 months post op. some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (4months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Bulge after Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is important to follow up with your primary surgeon to address any concerns. An ultrasound and a CT scan with contrast may be beneficial. You may have developed a hernia.  Best wishes in your recovery!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS, member ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Bulge Above Belly Button

After a #tummytuck surgery, #swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year.

Please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon with your questions so you may be examined in person.