Juvederm under the eyes. Is there anything on the horizon that will last longer without going under the knife?

I've had Juvederm under the eyes for hollowing. It came out great, however it doesn't last and its expensive. Is there anything on the horizon that may cost more but will last longer without going under the knife?

Under Eye Filler

I prefer Restylane in the tear trough region. Unfortunately it is not a permanent option but it can provide a more predictable outcome with fewer risks then surgery. I would recommend to seek an experienced plastic surgeon to help discuss the options available with you who also does a high volume of injectables.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juviderm Under Eye Not Long Lasting

Dear Brigid, Thank you for posting your interesting question. Although Juviderm is a great Hyaluronic Acid filler for other areas of the face, I would recommend Restylane for under eye hallowing and it usually lasts up to 1 year. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with fillers that can examine you, answer your questions and offer you your best options. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Long Lasting Injections Under the Eyes

Even though Restylane and Belotero do not last as long as Juvederm, I definitely think they have better results and are safer with many fewer side effects.  Unfortunately there is not a long term filler with better results on the market for this delicate under eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Longer lasting filler for under the eye

In the right hands, both Bellafill and Sculptra can be used in the eye area. These will give years of improvement. Fat is also an option.  I don't think Juvederm is a good choice for this area, Restylane is much better. Some people with Juvederm get swelling, even years later.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fillers under the eye

I prefer to use restylane under the eye. But there are always new products on the horizon.  Best of luck.

Yes

Newer cross linked fillers are coming out this year- they should last longer. I assume you had Juvederm Volbella. Most patients should have filler in this area lasting over a year. 

Another option is fat transfer - this is a much longer lasting option.

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist