I have factor five and am considered obese. Would a doctor operate on me? (Photo)

I want to get a Brazilian Butt Lift done as my backside is rather flat. I have been diagnosed with factor five and take 350 my of asprin to control it, even though I have never had a blood clot. I am also 19 I am not sure if that would make any difference. I have a BMI of 43 and was also wondering what the highest BMI would be to safely operate? Thank you so much!

BBL

You would first need to lose weight and then get medical clearance and recommendations from your hematologist.  These are just a few things that you might need based on the details given.

BBL safety

A BMI above 35 puts patients at risk for any surgery, especially procedures that require anesthesia such as BBL. Additional comorbidities such as Factor V increase the risk. My recommendation would be to lose weight such that your BMI comes down and then go in for a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. 

Elan B. Singer, MD

BMI for BBL

Based on your photos, I would encourage you to have a discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon on what the ideal weight would be for a safe Brazilian Butt Lift procedure. I prefer to do surgery on patients with a BMI of 30 or below to avoid the increased risk of complications during and after surgery. I advise my patients being at your ideal weight will give the best outcome. In addition, you will need medical clearance based on your health history. Best of Luck

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon