Tummy tuck results good or bad? (Photo)

Had mommy makeover 3 1/2 weeks ago to have muscles tightened and fix a hernia. Questions: Would you say these result are good? Would you consider the scar low or too high? Is the belly button position where it should be? The belly button looks weird and seems very small. I switched compression garment two days ago because it was making an indention in my midsection and it seemed to be causing my lower belly to pop out. The new garment doesn't have a zipper and keeps the bottom of my belly flat.

Tummy tuck results good or bad? (Photo)

It appears that you are healing well from the TT but lipo can give you more sculpting. 

Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

3 1/2 Weeks After a Mommy Makeover

Healing is can differ per patient and it's still quite early for you.  Your healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Pain varies per person and medication to control #discomfort will be provided. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help. Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. 

The healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. It can be up to one year see your final result.

As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Wait a few months before looking at results

Your results look good so far but it is definitely too early to tell right now. Wait about 5-6 months before assessing your results. By that time, the swelling will have subsided and scarring will be less apparent. 

Tummy tuck results 3 weeks after surgery

Your tummy tuck results will continue to improve and it is imperative that you keep in contact with your surgeon so that he is aware of the elements that you do not approve of as you heal. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Too early to judge outcome

Based on the fact that you are so early after surgery, it appears that you have a nice result.  The swelling will go down over 6 months.

satisfactory result so far 3 1/2 weeks after mommy makeover.

I don't see a significant problem so far. Swelling subsides you might develop a dog your laterally that would require a revision. In any event you need to heal for a number of months before becoming critical of the results.

Concerned about tummy tuck result

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

• Your photos show that at 3.5 weeks after surgery, you are healing well.
  • It is reasonable to change to a non-zippered garment, as you have done, 2 or more weeks after surgery.
  • You will not see your final result for another 5 months -
  • Swelling obscures the result and it takes time for surgical swelling to subside.
  • Discuss any concerns with your surgeon.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck results good or bad?

Sorry, but it is much too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed. Overall, however it seems to me like your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you. Best to follow up with him/her to address concerns/questions regarding the garments. Best wishes for a long-term outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Tummy tuck results

At 3.5 weeks post op, you are too early to evaluate your final results. It is difficult to tell from photos, but there does not seem to be anything out of the ordinary. Follow up with you plastic surgeon and let them know your concerns and issues with the new garment.  I know its difficult to be patient, but you need to be as it can take 6 months for you to see your final results.

Tummy Tuck

Since you are only 3 1/2 weeks post op, it is too soon to see your final result.  Based on your before photos, your surgeon had a lot of work to do in your procedure.  Have patience, and follow up with your surgeon so that he can monitor your recovery. It will take weeks to months to see your final result.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD