I am genderfluid (biologically female) and I want to have both a penis and a vagina.

If i dont take hormones but I get surgery to have a penis, but leave the vagina open, will my gspot still feel good when my boyfriend has sex with me? I dont even know if I can leave the vagina open, i have no clue how the surgery works, but thats why I am looking for answers.

Neophalloplasty: Maintain Female Genitalia

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it is possible to perform a phalloplasty to create a neophallus (penis) without affecting the female genitalia.  There are different techniques.  One technique involves creating the penis from forearm skin, which can be disfiguring. The other technique uses abdominal skin, which typical leaves one with a more appealing abdominal scar, less invasive, and the cost is typically much less.  The abdominal skin technique is the one offered at our practice for the reasons noted above and because of being personally trained by the creator of this neophallus technique.  Choosing a surgeon who has been personally trained by the creator of this technique of neophallus technique is an important factor when choosing a surgeon for this technique.  The new penis would be above the clitoris so it would not involve your sexual stimulation from the clitoris.  Prior to surgery, all patients require evaluation by an appropriate psychologist and receive the appropriate counseling. 

I wish you the best of luck.    

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist - Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I wish you the best of luck.