I'm 30 years old and I want to know how to get rid of the lines under my eyes. (photo)

Eye bags

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

I'm 30 years old and I want to know how to get rid of the lines under my eyes.

Hello Shavong,

Based on your photos the area that draws my eye is the tear trough area.  This is creating a hollowed look below your eyes and creating that line.  I'd recommend fillers into this area.  I prefer Restylane as it is less prone to look lumpy or swollen and has a nice duration.  

I'd recommend you consult with one of the core aesthetic physician injectors for this area such as a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

A small amount of under eye filler would be very helpful here.

I prefer Restylane here.  I do not like the so-called smooth fillers.  These tend to shift after placement. Be aware that this is a fussy service but very helpful.  Do your homework to find an injector who knows what they are doing.

Under eye concerns

You may find that a combination of treatments will work best for you.  Fillers will help to smooth the appearance of the under eye area.  For a more complete result, consider laser treatments or microneedling (Skin Pen) to improve the texture and look of the skin.  Visit with a plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye wrinkles. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lines under eyes

You're young with still good skin although it's a bit hard to tell from the picture. The lines you're referring to appear to be what we call the tear trough deformity. It's largely genetic but as the volume of the mid face shrinks and falls with age, these ares of depressions develop. 

I like to treat them with filler to start out with- there are surgical more permanent options if you'd rather but it's nice to see how you'd like it with a filler in the area. 

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician