Can you recommend experts in south Florida for upper and lower blepharsomy surgery? I will travel anywhere in Florida. (photo)

Recommendations needed for upper and lower blepharsomy surgery. Can you provide the names of the top surgeons in Florida.

Upper and Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Surgery in Palm Beach County

Your photo shows that you have an overhanging fold of skin and fat covering part of your upper eyelids and fat puffiness on your lower eyelids.  I can't tell from the photo if you have any excess skin on the lower lids.   All of these early aging signs can be corrected with an upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty, leaving you looking refreshed, alert, more youthful, and very natural.  The surgery takes me about 2 hours and can be performed using local anesthesia with "twilight" IV sedation here in West Palm Beach.  There is minimal pain afterwards but some bruising for 2-3 weeks, although occasionally someone has much less.  The scars are well hidden and not a problem.  I pride myself on a very natural look from this surgery,   Check out plastic surgeons in your area by asking friends who have had similar surgery,  your regular medical doctors, or search online for reviews of patients on sites such as RealSelf, and then view the doctor's website.

blepharoplasty surgery

The primary goal of upper eyelid surgery is to remove the excess skin and the small amount of fatty deposits creating the hooded look. The incision is located in the upper eyelid crease. The primary goal for lower eyelid surgery is to remove the fatty deposits creating the bags in the lower lids through an incision on the inside of the lower lids. When patients have excess skin present on the lower lids, a pinch technique of excess skin can be accomplished. In our practice, we close this incision with tissue glue, so there are no stitches required on the lower lids. For more information and many before-and-after blepharoplasty examples, please see the link and the video below

thank you for your questionWhat makes youthful eyes is not only the eyelids, but what happens above and below the eyelids. Look at the models in a vogue magazine. Their brows are elevated and they have fullness in their cheeks. You will see the crease, below their lower eyelid is close to the eyelash. As we get older the brows droop and the cheeks droop which contribute to older looking eyes. I was one of the pioneers for who developed endoscopic brow and cheek lifts. These procedures are performed through small incisions with the aid of a tv camera. You would benefit from eyelid surgery and brow and cheek rejuvenation. For more information please see the enclosed video and I hope you find this useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Finding a doctor for eyelid surgery

There are plenty of surgeons in South Florida who will do an excellent job for you. For the most highly trained surgeons with the greatest experience with eyelid surgery,I would recommend finding an oculoplastic surgeon and for selecting one  near you  from the directory of Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon