Choosing breast implants for under the muscle that feel natural?

I'm looking to get a breast lift with implant. I'm 5'3" and 108 pounds and prefer not to have an augmentation, mainly the implant would be to make my breasts rounder. Since I have fibrocystic breasts, I would like to keep my current size size B and have small full breasts that "feel" natural. What manufacturers do you suggest for the "feel natural" implant.

Breast Lift Intended Result - Implants are Not Necessary

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. 

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. 

A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Implants and No Lift: This is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier.  They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Photos for better advices

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Feeliing natural

The smaller the implant to breast tissue ratio the likely to be more natural. Best of luck.................

You are correct in that the decision of whether or not to proceed with breast implants along with the breast lifting surgery can only be made after careful consideration of the pros/cons associated with each surgical option.

The breast implants most doctors would agree that "feel natural" are silicone gel breast implants.  

Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and communicate your goals carefully. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, 

I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "B cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Implant selection with lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.   The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

IF

you like your current breast size and are not planning on having any significant amount of tissue removed, you do not have to have an implant, you could just have a lift, then for longevity invest in some mesh(internal bra) to help support your breast tissue for longer lasting results. IF you want more volume, you have to get an implant. Food for thought