Uneven nostrils? (photo)

1 month post op and I noticed my columella was getting to become swollen inside my left nostril, resulting in visibly narrower left nostril. Is this permanent ?

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 1 month, you are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Uneven nostrils

I think that it would be important to look at your preop photos as well. Right now you are likely very swollen and it will take many months to settle down.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recommend Following up with your surgeon

Nostrils will always demonstrate an asymmetry; however, this will be exaggerated with swelling from a nasal surgery. You are still early in the healing process and I recommend you follow up with your surgeon to monitor your healing.  It may take up to 1 year depending on what was done and once the swelling has subsided, you will be better able to judge the result.

Karan Dhir, MD

Uneven nostrils

It is very difficult to make the nostril openings perfectly symmetrical but since you are pretty soon after surgery, I would give it a bit more time and it will likely even out significantly. Continue follow up with your surgeon and they can walk you through the process. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril asymmetry

You should speak with your surgeon, as only your surgeon knows what has been done in your surgery. That being said, you are definitely still swollen, and hopefully, your nostrils will find more symmetry with time as the swelling leaves.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Rhinoplasty

It should not be permanent, but give it another 2-3 months to really see.  If the right remains somewhat more collapsed, a revision may be needed to "strut" that side higher.  Best of luck.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon