Will my nostrils get smaller (photos)

I'm 12 days post surgery and as you can see in the photo, my nostrils almost "drag" down and you can see almost two lines. Is this due to swelling? My nostrils were never perfect before my rhinoplasty but the nostrils are now more visible especially when looking at me straight on.

Nostrils after rhinoplasty

At this early stage in your healing, significant changes will occur. Often, the tip is up-rotated initially making the nostrils appear more visible. Is this settles over weeks and months, the look will change - most likely improve. Every week you will notice a change which should point in the desired direction. 

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only ten days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nostril appearance

Nostrils become less visible as the swelling subsides. However if the scar tissue pulls the nostrils upwards during healing then it can be a permanent issue. You should keep an eye on it during the next six weeks but right now no reason to worry.RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

Dear jamie01, 
Since you are only 12 days post op I would not worry about the appearance of your nose. You are still swollen and the issues that you are concerned about will likely resolve as you continue to heal. Good luck!

Nostrils after rhinoplasty

You are early post-op and your nose is likely going to come down a bit as the swelling subsides.  Best of luck.