Is there any way to correct my facial asymmetry? (Photo)

My nose, mouth, and jaw are perfectly symmetrical, but I'm wondering if I can correct my eyes and if so, how?

Doctor Answers 4

Asymmetries of Eyes

Your photograph demonstrates brow asymmetries with the right side lower. The appropriate treatment approach would involve an right browlift. As a side note it is interesting to note, that uneven brows are rather common; I observe it in about 25% of my patients during consultation.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 48 reviews

It is impossible to make a face perfectly symmetric.

The photo demonstrated mild left upper eyelid ptosis with a compensatory brow elevation.  The fix is to have ptosis correction.  This generally is associated with a relaxation of the eyebrow.  You need a detailed personal consultation.  It is critical that you find a surgeon who knows what they are doing when it comes to correcting small amounts of upper eyelid ptosis.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

The brows are correctable

Although you have asymmetry of your eyes, anything to correct that would be very complex. On the other hand the sagging of your right brow is easily corrected. Check with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Eye assymetry

Surgery to correct eye assymetry usually involves correcting the eyelids.  Ocassionally after trauma, there is the ability to correct for eyes that have sunken down and are at different levels.  Beyond that there is not much that can be surgically done to improve the assymetry.  Depending on the specific changes you are looking for, dermal fillers can also be used to achieve improved symmetry.  I would recommend you talk to a facial plastic surgeon for details.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.