Coolsmooth pro for outer thigh with a small bulge?

I am wondering if anyone can share experience treating a small bulge on the outer thigh with cool smooth pro by reducing the size of the applicator using a 3M tape? Thank you, Gabriela

Changing the applicator

The panels of the CoolsmoothPro applicator are all strictly monitored by system itself.  If the system notices an area not getting cold or experiencing some interference it will shut itself off in order to keep the patient safe.  So, consequently, if you tape off a section to attempt to treat only a limited bulge area, the process will fault and shut off a few minutes in to treatment. 

CoolSculpting for outer thigh fat bulge

the Coolsmooth applicator is used to treat the outer thighs. It is a flat applicator as opposed to one in which there is suction because it is difficult to get significant pull of tissue with ththe vacuum of the other applicators. I don't recommend tape as it may interfere with the treatment. 
Another option especially if it is a localized area may be Trusculpting which uses radio frequency and heat to reduce fat in localized areas. 2 to 4 treatments may be required. 
All the bestDr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

CoolSmooth Pro Coolsculpting Outer Thigh Treatment

I don't recommend altering the applicator with 3M tape. The tape is not going to prevent the applicator from reaching the desired cooling temperature and could cause an error code to occur.

Small treatment area with Cool Smooth PRO

This will not work. The machine should detect an interference and not allow the treatment to occur. The panels feather in and have not made a visible border in my opinion so putting the applicator over the bulge should be fine. If you have an experienced practice they should be able to show you multiple examples. If in doubt seek a BC plastic surgery for your evaluation. In my practice our Certified RN's do the consults but we always have a physician in the office for any necessary questions such as this! Best of Luck. 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Using a 3M tape can interfere with the treatment and is not recommended. The treatment may not even continue and may shut off. Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

I wouldn't do that

I would not change or modify the applicator in any way because the system gets feedback from the applicator to make sure the cold is just cold enough.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD