Can I correct my overbite when I have implants?

My two front top teeth are dental implants because of an accident. So this means my overbite can never be fixed because braces can't move my front teeth?

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You need assessment by an orthodontist and oral and maxillofacial surgeon and I'm sure you could achieve and acceptible result.

Brisbane Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Jaw surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is possible. An oral surgeon and orthodontist have to review the xrays and evaluate you and come up with the plan.

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.