Weight Has Stabilized but Not at my Goal. Am I Still a Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?

Over the last year and a half I've lost 76 pounds. I now weigh 149 and am 5'4. My goal weight is 135. These last 14 pounds are stubborn, I workout 6 days a week and only lose about 1-2 pounds a month vs the 1-2 pounds a week I was losing. Am I still a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover? I would really like a TT, BL,BA but am concerned the excess 15 pounds may not give me a decent result.

Mommy Makeover and weight loss

My suggestion is to visit with  a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. I normally suggest that my patients are at their goal weight prior to surgery.  This would help in achieving the patients goals.  If we perform surgery and then the patient loses more weight, they have to understand that the breast and tummy will change with weight loss and therefore they may need additional surgery.  

Mommy makeover

The fact that your weight loss has slowed as you near your ideal weight is not uncommon.  I believe that you would be a good candidate for surgery at any time.  For most patients 10 pounds one way or the other does not change the surgical results.  I would recommend that you go ahead and call a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation to be evaluated and get all of your questions answered.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before tummy tuck

If your weight has been stable for several months you may be a candidate for a tummy tuck and breast lift. The only way to know for sure is to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete examination in person. The actual number of your weight is not as important as the distribution of your weight and the excess skin. Don't be too concerned with losing your last 15 pounds, since you have already lost a considerable amount of weight.

William Bruno, MD

Mommy Makeover Candidate

Congrats on your #weightloss!  It is quite common for those last few pounds to be especially stubborn.  I normally recommend my patients are as close to their "normal" weight as possible, with a low BMI, in order to have the best aesthetic #results with the fewest complications.  That being said, if your weight loss has plateaued at so close to your goal weight, it might be a good time to consider surgery.
Consult a #boardcertified plastic surgeon in person.

Weight stabilized, not at goal. Am I a surgical candidate?

Congratulations on the weight loss.  The consultation is the opportunity to get your questions answered.  Make a list before going to the appointment.  Good things to ask about include when are the follow up appointments?  How do I get ahold of someone in the middle of the night if something happens?  Do I need any special accommodations at home?  Tell the Doctor what your goals are.  Remember to have reasonable expectations.  Each Doctor will have different criteria of how close you need to be at goal weight for each operation.  Together you and your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will come up with a plan.           

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Stable and comfortable weight is the goal

First off, nice job on the weight loss. It sounds like you're really committed and you've done a great job. If your weight has stabilized at this point, then it should be okay to proceed with a mommy makeover if your overall health is good and the reason you are trying to lose weight is to target the same areas that you are planning on having surgery for.  Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an assessment. 

Further weight fluctuations can negatively affect your results, but if your weight is fairly stable then it should still give you a decent result.

Losing weight before cosmetic surgery

Fifteen pounds really won't make much of a difference before your surgery or even afterward.  50-75 pound weight loss would probably cause more loose skin to occur after a tummy tuck, though.

Goal weight for mommy makeover

It would be best to be at your ideal weight before surgery, but if you are unable to achieve that, you may still be a good candidate for a mommy makeover.  Your board-certified plastic surgeon will help you to understand your best options based on your health, skin laxity and thickness of fatty tissue.

David Stoker, MD

Mommy Makeover

Hello ~

Congratulations on losing the weight you have. That is a big accomplishment.  Despite having plateaued on your weight loss schedule, you have lost a considerable amount of weight. If you have reached a steady weight for a period of 6 months, I believe you would be a sound candidate for a mommy makeover procedure.  Without seeing photographs it is difficult to asses just how good of a candidate you are, but in the larger scheme, a 15 pound weight difference from your "ideal" weight is not significant enough to profoundly affect your results in a negative manner.

I would recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a formal evaluation and management plan.

Kindest Regards ~

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Weight loss and mommy makeover

Your height and weight are very good and congratulations for your accomplishment. Although you have not provided pictures I would guess you are an excellent candidate for mommy makeover with tummy tuck and breast surgery. A lift may well be required. As to the remaining fourteen pounds, I doubt this is going to make a difference so i would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon when you are ready. Good Luck

Richard Linderman, MD