I Weight 173 Lb, but All That Weight is on my Middle Body, and Arms. Would Cool Sculpting Work for Me According to Pic? (photo)

What I am thinking to do is my lower abdomen (twice), upper belly(twice), love handles and flanks. And thereafter upper arms. I have a very large belly 43". My big concern is that after doing cool sculpting and loose fat from my stomach the skin will be sagging. If that so, a zerona treatment will help?

Coolsculpting Treatment

You appear to be a good candidate for the lower abdomen, upper belly, love handles and flanks. Arms is not approved by the FDA, and you should proceed with caution in this area. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to understand whether a surgical option or coolsculpting is best for you.

Coolsculpting for Lower Abdomen

Coolsculpting would be ideal for your abdomen, flanks, and love handles.  The best results combine Coolsculpting with diet and exercise.  Since the bulge is gradually reduced, you do not have to worry about loose skin in the way that you do from liposuction.  The new cool fit applicator works well on the inner thighs as well.  You will probably need two applications spaced at least two months apart to achieve the best results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in Coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results.

An assessment is needed

An assessment would have to be made to determine if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting Complete. CoolSculpting Complete works on fat that is subcutaneous or "pinchable". If you visit a top provider, they can determine based on your fat distribution and type if you would benefit from CoolSculpting Complete. The procedure itself takes an hour and provides no down time. It is non-invasive and patients can expect to see results in 2-3 months. Vibrational therapy also assists in the lymphatic process to release the fat cells.

Top providers of CoolSculpting Complete have two systems in order to provided maximum fat reduction in the least amount of time. Also, top providers of CoolSculpting Complete are able to provide rebates to patients to buy one area and get a second free.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolscultping works

We have been performing Coolscultping since FDA approval three years ago. It works consistently in properly selected patients those with non fibrous soft fat that pinches nicely between the fingers upon examination.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Will Coolsculpting help?

It is difficult to know from your photo and without a face to face consultation if you are a good Coolsculpting candidate or not.  If you have primarily deep visceral fat that can not be easily grabbed and compressed to allow it to be drawn up into the applicator properly than you may not be an ideal candidate.  If you have the body type necessary for Coolsculpting, we have seen some nice skin tightening with Coolsculpting in patients.  If further tightening is needed you may want to try Exilis on those areas.  I would not recommend zerona for any body contouring or skin tightening.   Good luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting

It's difficult to know just from a picture how you may respond to coolsculpting.  If you have predominantly "visceral" fat, you will not be a good candidate.  It would be best to have an actual assessment to see how good a candidate you are.  With regards to skin tightening, we use Exilis after coolsculpting to tighten the skin with great results.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD, FRCPC
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for fat loss in an ideal patient

An ideal patient can undergo CoolSculpting to reduce a fat bulge if it is localized. When there is generalized adipose tissue girth (fatty accumulation) in adjacent areas such as the lower and upper abdomen and thighs, it will take several (maybe three) treatments with multiple applciators per zone, to achieve good results. Liposuction can work well too. Diet and exercise is important because if your lifestyle isn't rearranged, then you will reaccumulate fat after the CoolSculpting. I have seen some patients that had greater than expected fat loss from CoolSculpting by Zeltiq in our NYC practice but in their 50 year old+ age group, their cellulite and skin irregularities did not tighten (nor is that expected) and they were encouraged to have Thermage, Velashape, or a skin tummy tuck, but the latter has significant risks for some patients so this needs to be discussed thoroughly.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon