I Am 4 Weeks Post Op from my BA Revision Surgery and my Right Breast is Still Firm? (photo)

I am a triathlete/marathoner and I only had 250 cc's before. I developed CC and had them removed. I never had breast tissue. I now have 350 cc's behind the muscle. My left breast is soft with movement, but my right is firm, swollen, sore and tight in the pocket. I cannot raise my arm all the way up. Surgeon said no CC is present, but I did have a substantial amount of scar tissue on that side that she cleaned out. Will it eventually soften up? Doc said muscle was tight on the right side.

Recurrent Capsular Contracure

In addition to the previous commentary, I have a friend in San Antonio, Texas. His name is Tolbert Wilkinson, MD who has an external ultrasound machine in his office that he says is ideal for this type of treatment. I have not had to use it for any of my patients and therefore cannot swear of its efficacy, but it's non invasive, minimal costs, and MAY (or may not) save you money and the need for additional surgery. Research him and see if it would be a fit for you.

Good Luck.

Tight right breast

This may or may not resolve.I would massage and see how things develop.You may need revision  later but it is too soon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Firm breast 1 month after redo augmentation.

You have a significant history of previous capsular contracture and thus are at a higher risk for recurrence. At a month out from surgery, it is not unusual to have one breast soft and the other firm. This is particularly true in submuscular augmentations. Although capsular contracture can begin to become apparent at 1 month, typically its tightness of the breast or muscle which is causing the firmness. Follow your surgeon's instructions and give yourself some time.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

As you can imagine, given your history,  there are many variables involved making it difficult to give you precise advice. If I were you, I would consider gentle/gradual “physical therapy” involving the entire right shoulder arm complex.  You may find that this therapy along with massage may help your situation. See if your plastic surgeon has specific recommendations in this regard for you.

my Right Breast is Still Firm

Assuming as you describe your surgeon removed all of the previous capsule, it is quite unlikely that you have developed another capsular contracture this quickly.  On the photo, both sides appear rather even. Chances are that your surgeon's assessment is correct. It does take time for the muscle to relax to accommodate to new or larger implants, and commonly it takes longer on the side with the dominant hand.

Follow up with your surgeon. All the best.