I Am 5 Weeks Post Op and Where I Had my Drain Hasn't Heal and is Draining a Clear Fluid. Is This Normal? (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Draining incision after tummy tuck
Thank you for your question about drainage 5 weeks after a tummy tuck.
- This is not normal tummy tuck healing.
- See your surgeon for assessment and treatment of your tummy tuck.
- Usual causes are a suture, local infection or residual piece of drain.
- Properly treated, this is likely to heal in about 2 weeks.
- Hope this helps. Best wishes.
Draining a Clear Fluid. Is This Normal?
This is not what I would call normal, but absent any findings of infection, nor would I call this alarming. However, a call to your surgeon is in order. After some given and take on the phone, an office visit can be arranged if needed. All the best.