6 Weeks Post Neck and Lower Face Lift. Outcome Acceptable? Not Much Difference from Pre Surgery. Lumpy Under Neck? (photo)

Face and neck

6 Weeks Post Neck and Lower Face Lift. Outcome Acceptable? Not Much Difference from Pre Surgery. Lumpy Under Neck?

The lumpiness may well improve with time.  The other items would be best analyzed by comparing with preoperative photos.

Neck contour should improve

Thank you for the question and the photo.  I suspect your neck contour will correct it self with time.  The lumpiness associated with swelling will go away especially with massage.  Lumpiness from salivary glands or excess fat will not improve however and may require some intervention.  At 6 weeks it is still early and I would give it at least a few more months.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

6 Week Results

The swelling you have under the neck is normal at 6 weeks and will improve with time.  Whether the results are acceptable or not depends on where you started. Preop photos would help.  All the best.

6 weeks post neck and facelift

It is difficult to tell exactly without a complete physical examination. However, based on the photos provided, it appears you have residual swelling and thickness under the chin (submental area). This is very common after facelift surgery and may take weeks to months to resolve. Visit with your surgeon about injection steroids into the thickened areas as this may speed up the resolution. It is way too eary to contemplate revisional surgery.

Ronald Caniglia, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Agree with you mediocre results. Probably skin only lift. The neck could be due to many causes, require direct examination.

Plan on revision in 6-12 months, if you want to improve on the results.

Was your face lift done by a board certified plastic surgeon???

Neck lift issues

There may be residual fat, a salivary gland, or scar tissue causing this. Only a doctor examining you could tell. Time will help if it is just residual swelling.

At 6 months I recommend Thermigen RF minimal invasive therapy to correct these issues. I am having great results.