3 Weeks Post Cellulaze...Still Bruised - is This Normal?

I have worn the garment 24/7...hate the seams! I'm concerned @ 3 weeks when I'm briefly out of the garment I still have considerable bruising...is this normal? My front thighs, back of thighs & bumm seem fine when I'm out of the garment, but within an hour the bruising is visible - any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

The length of bruising

I agree with Dr Basu's statements totally. Length of time for "bruising" to resolve varies to patient's genetics/medical history/aggressiveness of the treatment. Thus only an average time span can be given of 3 to 6 weeks. Are you seeing ANY improvement? Try the creams previously described, external ultrasound therapy. Regards from MIAMI  

Post cellulaze bruising

The duration of bruising varies from patient to patient.  I generally recommend Arnica supplements to help minimize bruising.  However, I prepare all my Cellulaze patients to experience the worst case scenario - severe bruising for 2-3 weeks.    So what you are likely experiencing is normal.   Please visit with your PS for a checkup.  And remember, it really takes 3-6 months to see your final results.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

The Side Effects of Professional Cellulite Treatments

Any #soreness, tenderness, or bruising will #resolve within a week. Patients can return to activities of daily living, to high-impact aerobic activity and may wear any clothing. Results can be seen in as little as three days post-op.  After the Cellfina™ cellulite treatment, patients can go about their day, but may want to take it easy for up to 24 hours. There have been no serious adverse events associated with our #treatments such as Cellfina™. The most common side effects reported by patients in the FDA-approved pivotal study were #soreness and #bruising. Over 90% of patients had no bruising at four weeks after the cellulite procedure. For full product and safety information, including possible mild side effects. If at anytime, you are concerned about your #healing and #recovery, it's best to contact your surgeon or meet with them for an #evaluation.

Bruising 3 weeks after Cellulaze

Hello and thanks for the question.  Absolutely this is normal.  The bruising should resolve in the first two months, and is sometimes decreased with the use of arnica.  Yes the garment is annoying, but keep wearing it per your surgeons's guidelines.  I hope this helps and good luck.  Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Bruising with Cellulaze

Yes this is normal; some patients tend to stay bruised a little longer than others. I recommend taking Arnica to help with bruising.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Bruising after Cellulaze

Unfortunately, everyone's recovery varies.  For some bruising is minimal and resolves quickly and for others bruising can be much more significant and take considerably longer to resolve.  Arnica cream and pellets can be helpful for bruising and inflammation.  Smoothshapes or lymphatic massage can be beneficial to help mobilize fluid and swelling and help circulation.  You can find more comfortable compression garments to wear that don't have the same annoying seams (spanx, body wrap).  It's important to follow up with the surgeon that did your procedure to see if there's anything else they can recommend. Patience with your recovery is important.  Though the procedure is quick and minimally invasive, what happens below the surface is a lengthy process.  Results will continue to improve for many months.

Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Bruising After Cellulaze

The Cellulaze treatment is a minimally invasive procedure which usually requires only local anesthesia. Some light bruising can occur, but you'll be able to return to normal activities within a day or two. However, each patient is different and therefore the healing process is different for each patient. Your bruising is not cause for concern at this point. If the bruising does not go away after the next week or two, I would suggest an appointment with the doctor who performed the treatment so he or she can examine the area and see if any measures need to be taken. Best of luck. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD