Will I still need to keep wearing my Vivera Retainers once I get 26 Porcelain Veneers on all my teeth?

Retainers after veneers #DrSoftTouch

Yes, a retainer is still recommended. Once your veneers are placed, a new retainer should be made to keep the teeth in their proper position. You don't want the teeth to move after having the veneers placed. I would recommend speaking with your dentist or orthodontist if you have more questions about this. I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Definitely need to wear your retainers after veneers

Getting orthodontics done before porcelain veneers is a very common treatment sequence. Once the veneers are placed, you will need to wear a retainer to keep the teeth in their proper position. Having veneers on your teeth doesn't keep them from moving and they may shift without proper retention. Best of luck and follow up for more info!

Victoria Veytsman, DDS
New York Dentist

Retainers After Veneers

If you were recently out of orthodontics or are a tongue thruster (pushing tongue forward when you swallow) I would recommend wearing one for upper and lower.  You do not want to have any movement after having the veneers placed. Speak with your dentist or orthodontist to confirm this.  Good luck.