Should I Wear a Compression Garment More or Less if Swelling Persists - Tummy Tuck?

I am almost 7 weeks post-op from a full tummy tuck. I have continued to wear a compression wrap fairly regularly because when I leave it off I get quite puffy by mid day. It seems to be less puffy in the morning. I am not sure if I should continue to wear the wrap or leave it off. The area feels numb and spongy. Also not sure if this is seroma.

Swelling up and down is very normal and will continue for 4-6 months. Wearing a compression garment may help with the swelling and pain. Not wearing a garment should not affect your results at this point.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Where a compressive garment after tummy tuck is directed by your surgeon.

I prefer my patients where a compressive garment for a minimum of six weeks after in abdominoplasty. Wearing it longer is probably a good idea but I don't insist upon it.

If there is even a thought of seroma, a visit to your surgeon is in order. The surgeon will be in a much better position to answer your questions about timing of compression. He/she knows what was done, and has followed your recovery.

All the best. 

All the best.