When will I know what size I'm going to be after having BA? My doc says I will get rounder and fuller. (Photo)

I was a small b and asked for D's. I bought a C bra and it fits good. My doc says I will get rounder and fuller. My left breast still hurts quite a bit and has not dropped any at all. Its a good bit bigger than my right and when I lay down they don't not look the same at all. I'm hoping I'm worrying too much at this point because I really like my docter and I'm hoping not to have to have another surgery.

When will implants drop

You are only 3 weeks out from your breast augmentation and still have swelling.  Give it some more time and the left implant should gradually fall into place.  Massaging can also help the process.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Size after breast augmentation

I agree with your plastic surgeon. Wait at least 3 months to see the final result of your breast augmentation. Only then, will you be able to do proper sizing.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

When will I know what size I'm going to be after having BA? My doc says I will get rounder and fuller.

The phenomenon of “dropping and fluffing” occurs several weeks to several months after breast augmentation surgery.  The breasts appear larger as the implants "settle" lower on the chest wall. The nipple/areola complexes appear higher on the breast mounds as this occurs. Best wishes. 

When will I know what size I'm going to be after having BA? My doc says I will get rounder and fuller

Recovery and Results :

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast sizing

Typically at 3 months the implants have settled in and swelling has subsided only then you will be able to do proper bra sizing. It is not uncommon to have swelling asymmetry. You should continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon as directed. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation Size

It appears that your left implant has not yet dropped fully and you still have swelling of both breasts. It is still too early to judge, however, as the breast augmentation process needs time for your skin and breast tissue envelope to accommodate the implant. It is extremely difficult to predict the exact postoperative bra size, especially since there is no standardization amongst bra companies so each bra may fit you differently. Continue to follow your doctor's instructions and hopefully everything will continue to heal well.

Breast augmentation and size

Best to give it time to heal . The breast will undergo some changes as they heal. By about 6-8 weeks you will have a good idea of the approximate size, but there still will be some swelling.

Very hard to advise at 3 weeks and NO before posted photo to compare... Best to either allow 3 months healing or obtain in person second opinions or re post.. 

When will your breasts drop and stop hurting?

Thanks for your questions!

It is still too early post-op to worry about your bra size and some pain at this point is normal.  Because you had small breasts and appear to have chosen a larger implant, the final result will take a bit longer to achieve. Your body is slowly accommodating your new implants.  Just be patient and in due time, I'm sure you will be satisfied.  Also, try not to worry too much about cup size.  Bras vary - it's more important to like what you see in the mirror.

Good luck!

Breast augmentation healing

new breast augmentations take a few weeks before the skin finishes adjusting and all settling take place. Your breast will be what they are. The bra size will vary with style and manufacturer.