Will I be symmetrical? My left still looks bigger than my right. I only did the revision for symmetry. (Photo)

I am 4 wks postop from implant revision. I had 380cc saline unders ruptured and replaced then with 450cc overs. Prior to surgery I told my dr that my left breast was bigger than my left. He said it was due to the implant not completely deflating (I scanned myself and it was). I've voiced my concern that after surgery my left is still bigger than my right, but I am told no. They look the same and are the same size implant. I only did the revision for symmetry. Will I be even without more surgery?

Symmetry Concern 4 Weeks Following Breast Augmentation

It is still quite early into your healing and it's not uncommon for #asymmetry as each breast heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural.

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.
But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. (#Textured implants do not require breast massage.) You must have patience, but if there are any causes of concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff. 

Will I be symmetrical? My left still looks bigger than my right. I only did the revision for symmetry.

It is far too early to being looking at best minor asymmetries.  Allow the 6-12 month healing process take place.  You can judge the final result later.

I have never seen any patient that was perfectly symmetric either before or after surgery.  There will always be some difference.  Overall, I think you are headed to a very nice and very symmetric result.  

Enjoy them!

Breast Augmentation and Asymmetry?? Ask Dr Ellen

Wow!  You look fantastic at only 4 weeks!  Great symmetry and contour.

Remember it takes 3-6 months, if not longer, for things to settle down.  Although you
have a spectacular result, it will even get better over time.

Thanks for asking!

Dr Ellen Mahony

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  From the photo it looks like you have a very nice result for 4weeks out.  I do see some minor asymmetry but your breasts were probably not symmetrical to begin with (no one's are). I tell all my patients that minor asymmetries will be magnified with breast implants, especially nipple position and that is what you have. From the photo it does appear that your left breast may be a bit larger than the right but it would require a physical examination to know for sure.  You need to give things time, at least 3 months, in order for swelling to go down before passing final judgement.  If at that point your left breast really is larger than your right then it would require surgery to either make the left smaller or the right larger.  I hope this helps.

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Symmetry after breast augmentation

No one is perfectly symmetrical. As surgeons we can get close but we can never get it perfect.  Although we all try are best to get it that way.  Yours look good. Give it time to settle.

Even though early in healing phase your one posted photo demonstrates to me great symmetry. I see no unevenness... Good result is what is shown. Maybe you need to allow 3 months healing before seeking additional requests... 

SYMMETRY

At this point it is too early to tell what your final result will be and it can not necessarily be predicted. The current results appears good.