I had a rhinoplasty 3 months ago to remove a small bump on my nose. I am concerned about the tip being too high? (Photos)

My question is honestly do you see an improvement? Does the new nose fit me?

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Rhinoplasty at 3 months

At 3 months you are still pretty swollen. It may drop a bit with more time as the swelling subsides. Give it a full year at least.

Your result is nice, and will continue to improve

From your photographs, you appear to have a very nice (early) result. Your tip will improve over the next year as your skin contracts. 

For an example of what this looks like, watch the video below or check the detailed info on the linked page.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rotation

Thanks for reaching out. Bi think it is a little early in the post op period to judge you final results. What is rally important to focus on is the drastic improvement that you have especially on your profile.  It was a great decision to seek out rhinoplasty.  I think you look great and be reassured that over the next 10 months you will only look better !!!

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. A very common finding after rhinoplasty is that the tip is too elevated (or rotated). This is very natural and will settle down over the first year. At this point, there is no reason to be concerned. Good luck!

Satyen Undavia, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

You appear to have a nice result three months postoperative rhinoplasty surgery.

Your photos appear to show removal of a dorsal hump, and rotation of a droopy nasal tip. You also appear to have thick skin which may result in tip derotation over the ensuing months. Hope this is reassuring. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I agree

Hi

The good news first - You will continue to see many changes over the next 6-10 months. In my experience the "over rotation" or the tip being too high that you see will come down some.

The bad news - I agree that your nose has been over rotated and there is a real possibility that it will remain too high to have a normal masculine appearance. Be patient and wait at least 12-14 months from the time of the surgery. If you are not happy at that point a revision will be required. This is a bit more complicated than the original but fixable. Make sure you stay in contact with your surgeon.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon