5 weeks post op swelling...

So today, I'm having a rummage. Not too much moving around but it is humid and 90 degrees. I've eaten light, and have had plenty of water. I'm swollen worse than ever. Not sure if it's fluid or bloating... I'm very uncomfortable, and my binder is making me feel like I'm going to burst. I've been wearing binder 24/7 unless in the shower. What can I do to feel better??

Swelling post op

Thanks for your inquiry and congratulations on completing your surgery.  I would actually recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon because you want to rule out a seroma (fluid collection).  If the fluid trapped underneath the skin is large enough, it may need to be drained.  So, a check-up with your surgeon would be the best thing to do at this point.

Post Op Swelling

After a #tummytuck, most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks.

#Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. 

For now, just stay out of the heat as best you can! I'm sorry you're feeling such discomfort right now. If you have major concerns, please contact your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon.

Swelling?

The best thing to do is to try and stay out of the heat and humidity.  Luckily, today will be a lot cooler with less humidity, so I think you will see a change in the swelling today.  It is not unusual for tummy tuck patients to go through some crazy swelling peaks and troughs for the first few months.  It can be frustrating, but usually all normal.  I recommend continuing to wear your binder and just be patient.  I hope this helps.