Can I get liposuction on my arms, thighs, and belly on the same day?

I have fat in my arms, thighs, and belly I want to know of it is possible to get liposuction on all three on the same day or will I have to schedule different appointments.?

Possible to Have Liposuction on Multiple Areas

Please be aware that my comments here are general and can’t be taken as specific medical advice. It is fairly common for plastic surgeons to perform liposuction on multiple areas during a single procedure. When deciding whether you can have everything done at the same time, your surgeon will consider the amount of fat being removed, your overall health, and the total time needed to complete the procedure. You should be able to get a definite answer one way or the other during your consultation.  

Hi. The simple answer is yes. However, here in the State of Florida there is a 4 liter limit to the amount of supernatant (pure) fat which can be removed as an outpatient. Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction . Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits? 

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We accomodate patinets from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck, Dr. PG

Liposuction Options

The best way to asses your inquiry is with a consultation or pictures at least so there's a better assessment of what you need and what can be done, keep in mind the amount of procedures you can have in one intervention is influenced by a lot of factors. Always contact a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

Disnalda Matos, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures

Yes this can be done assuming you are in overall good health and cleared for elective surgery by your primary care doctor.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Liposuction to multiple areas

Thank you for your question. Yes, most likely can be done. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Liposuction of arms, thighs and belly

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Most likely, you can have these done all at the same time.
  • However there are safe limits and legal limits on what can be removed in one session.
  • In Florida, the limit is  4 liters of fat, by law.
  • In most areas, the safe limit is 5 liters.
  • So, if you are significantly overweight, for safety you may need liposuction in several sessions.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS