Why am I still getting pimples?

I am suffering from pimples from my teenage now i am 28years old , since 5 months i am having a treatment from a doctor and my pimples almost cleared fully but last week when i met the doctor he changed my cream from tretin A to hydroquinone 2% and tretinoin 0.025 (melalong)from yesterday i am starting to get small 1or2 painful pimples. Is it bcoz change in the cream if so why? And still iam on antibiotics.

Please follow up with your dermatologist

Acne is typically inherited. In other words: There is no cure.

The good news is: Acne tends to vanish at some point in life, frequently at around age 30. In addition, we can suppress acne in almost all patients with an individualized combination of prescription medications. I therefore recommend that you follow up with your dermatologist in order to obtain advice regarding the following issues:

Your situation might justify a workup for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). The diagnosis requires presence of 2 of the following: androgen excess, ovulatory dysfunction, or polycystic ovaries. 

Please ask if cleansers containing glycolic acid and salicylic acid might be good for you. Many of my patients use 12% glycolic acid and 2% salicylic acid cleansers with good results. Benzoyl peroxide is a broad-spectrum topical antibiotic and more effective than tretinoin for inflammatory acne lesions. 

Please review the list of your current oral medications with your dermatologist since corticosteroids, androgens, lithium etc. may trigger acne. 

You also might want to use oil-free makeup and avoid or at least minimize stress and consumption of dairy products and carbohydrate-rich foods. 

Best of luck! You will do well! 

Cherry Hill Dermatologist