Hole under left breast from breast reduction surgery normal? (Photos)

I am 2 1/2 weeks post-op from a breast reduction. the left breast always appeared to have gaps and now there is what look like a hole under my left breast, that is white/yellow at the edges and brownish on the inside. Its also been causing a lot of pain that isnt getting better over time. I sent my surgeon pics. She said its nothing to worry about and to see her monday. Its Saturday. I feel like I need to go to the ER it looks so bad. Should I just calm down and wait? The other side appears to be closed.

I hope you were able to calm your concerns

because what you have is very common following vertical techniques on the breast.  Your surgeon will clean up the wound if needed at your next appointment and you will continue good wound care.  In the end, the resulting scar is much better than what you would have imagined.  If you develop spreading redness, have an implant, or increasing drainage, your surgeon must know what is going on.

Hole under left breast from breast reduction surgery normal?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. The complication you are experiencing does happen occasionally (related to blood flow/tension in the area) and tends to go on to heal without long-term sequelae, except the possible need for scar revision in the future. At your stage of healing, sometimes the area opens further before it continues to close…

I would suggest continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Generally emergency room visits are not necessary or helpful. Follow his/her instructions when it comes to wound care and keeping the area clean/covered. Sometimes, removal of an exposed suture and/or any unhealthy tissue present will help expedite the healing process.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.