Post op 7 day facelift, layer of grease across cheeks (Photo)

Why has my cheek skin and hairline by ears got almost like a layer of waxy grease causing white (sebum) spots by ears( not on stitch line) no amount of washing or washing my hair is getting rid of the oil ?? Spots much worse behind ear and neck

Clogged skin glands

Basically, the glands in the skin can get clogged, for lack of a better description, due to the fact that your skin is elevated during your surgery. These should resolve in time, but if they are driving you nuts, schedule an appointment to see your surgeon can open them with a needle. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facelift #faceliftrecovery #fatgrafting #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery #woundhealing

Dear Carpet60

Thank you for your question and photo! The glands in the skin can become obstructed with skin elevation- your MD can prep and open these with a needle tip.  This will settle with time.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD