I broke my nose 25 years ago. How do I get it fixed and how much would it cost? (photos)

Straightin nose and average cost

#Nose Surgery/#Rhinoplasty

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Nasal Repair

Thank you for posting your photos and question. You may be a candidate to reconstruct your nose by having a Rhinoplasty. The level of complexity will be determined by your surgeon, which will more than likely have some baring on the cost. You can expect to pay somewhere between $4500 & $12,000. I would recommend meeting with board certified, facial plastic surgeons when considering this type of procedure.

John Allan Ness, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Reconstructive Rhinoplasty to be...

Dear Patient,First of all thank you very much for your question.You may fix your problem by getting Reconstructive Rhinoplasty. The average price for operation is 7000$.Good luck and greetings from Istanbul, TT.

Tunc Tiryaki, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a rhinoplasty to fix a broken and crooked nose

The cost of the rhinoplasty to straighten a crooked nose  is directly determined by the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, amount of time monitored under anesthesia by a physician anesthesiologist, and the surgeons professional fee for performing the rhinoplasty along with all the postoperative followup appointments. Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Osteotomies placed in nasal bones will be required in addition to a spreader graft placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose. For many examples, our current price list and more information, please see the link and the video below

Nasal fracture repair

Thanks for the picture and your question. Nasal fracture repair may be covered by insurance. If out of pocket, the fees can range from a few thousand to many thousand depending on the complexity of the work.  There are a subset of subspecialists called "facial plastic surgeons" who did ENT training then plastic surgery fellowship. These special doctors are excellent at improving the function (breathing) and the cosmetics (appearance) of your nose.  
Best of luck fixing your nose. The next step is finding the right doctor to help you. 

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Corrective nose surgery

It appears that you would benefit from nose surgery for both cosmetic and functional reasons. Correction of external nose deformity to address  tilt, nose hump, tip and nostril asymmetry should be associated with correction of nasal septum to improve breathing. More detailed clinical evaluation will be needed before surgery to decide exactly what would be best procedure(s) to correct current deformity. Consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in rhino-septoplasty should be your next step. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Info and Cost

Dear dallas2208, 
I would research board certified plastic surgeons in your area who specialize in rhinoplasty or facial surgeries. It is always a good idea to look at the before and after pictures on their website. Rhinoplasty costs can range from $7,750 to 11,100 depending on how much work needs to be done. If you have difficulty breathing then you may need a septoplasty as well, the surgeon will be able to review all of this with you. Good luck!

Rhinoplasty

Research several facial plastic surgeons in your area and schedule an appointment for in person consultation to discuss surgery. The average price for a rhinoplasty is $7,375. Best of luck!

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon