How do I know if body sculpting would work for me and not need a full on tummy tuck? (Photo)

Does this clinic do plastic surgery? I think I would be a candidate for a full tummy tuck. I have a very big skin flap that hangs in the abdomen area, I have had 2 c-section which really took a toll on me along with some injuries that required surgery therefore there was a weight gain. I am wondering In situations like that if body contouring is an option as well?

Full tummy tuck

Hi, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that for your own safety, you would need to be as close to your ideal weight as possible. In order to get better results is better if you are in a healthy weight prior to your procedures. In your case, you should seek a surgeon that you trust for a full or circular tummy tuck and liposuction to different areas.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How do I know if body sculpting would work for me and not need a full on tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposculpture / Liposuction/ Hi Definition procedures/ Body contouring with fat grafting

From your photos, it appears you would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.  Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck

Hello, it is a pleasure to answer your question,  it is important to know about the tummy tuck procedure or abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin, and in many cases restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer. in your case, the procedure suit you, or you can take the option to lose some weight before the surgery, because you do not lose weight liposuction, tummy tuck can help to achieve the desired results. I hope this answer helps you, good luck

Manuel Belen, MD

Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your photos. It is a pleasure to answer your question. You would be a candidate for a full Tummy Tuck, but before going thru this surgery, in my experience I would recommend you to get to a healthier weight to avoid any complication during the procedure. As physician, my first priority is keeping my patients safe and not perform a surgery that could be risky. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

The best result could be achieved combining weight loss and a full tummy tuck. Liposuction could be added to the tummy tuck, but it is no substitute for weight loss.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  It looks as though you would benefit most from a full tummy tuck once you reach your weight.  To confirm that this would be the best plan for you to improve the appearance of your midsection, please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will also be able to guide you in terms of what you can realistically expect from surgery and how you should prepare before with a diet and exercise plan to lose the weight you gained.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Body Contouring or Tummy Tuck

Body Contouring or Liposculpture involves both the removal of fat by liposuction as well as the replacement of fat in other areas by fat transfer or fat injection. This process works well for patients who do not have excess skin either from obesity or massive weight loss. Patients who are overweight most often do not want fat placed back in certain areas...they just want to get rid of the fat. In your case there is excess skin that will definitely need to be removed by abdominoplasty or tummy tuck as it often called. It is also best to be at your ideal weight prior to the surgery. Find a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you can have a consultation to determine the best procedure for you.Good luck.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

you will need surgery to remove skin but both skin and fat can be removed at the same time and fat used to contour areas like the buttock and cellulite.  please get a formal consultaiton by a body contouring specialist.  In our practice we have a team of doctors that work together to get you this hi def physique you are looking for.  Best, Dr. Emer.

You Need A Tummy Tuck

Dear RambO1976,  Your photos indicate that you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. If you mean liposuction when you refer to body contouring, then yes you would likely require some liposuction in addition to the tummy tuck. A full consultation and examination is needed to give you the most accurate information. Please be sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all options available to you. Good luck. Dr. Gervais

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon