Sculptura - is it safe?

Is sculptura safe for volume loss in cheeks and temples ? Do any celebs use it or do they stick to per lane ? I have heard ppl go blind and have complications . What's the best filler for sunken cheeks I have voluma in the upper cheek but the lower is gaunt

Is sculptra safe?

YES!!  And it is a great solution for volume loss.  While perlane is a great filler product, its use per syringe is limited.  But sculptra, while more expensive, and less immediate, is a much better choice for areas of real volume loss.  The one thing I causion is to find a skilled injector! 

Sculptra very safe

Sculptra is very safe. Used a lot with HIV patients. However, your results are going to depend a lot on the skill of the person doing the injecting. Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist for your filler and Botox. It really does make a difference. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Sculptra for volume loss

Sculptra is my 'go to' product when we are focused on volume replacement in temples, the soft lower parts of the cheeks and now for 'boob wrinkles' on the upper chest.  It has been on the market for over 10 years and has a proven track record.  What I really like about the Sculptra effect is that the fill looks so natural and is a subtle build that occurs over several months.  Appropriate placement is essential as too deep does nothing and too superficial can cause lumps and bumps.  Blindness is a potential but very rare risk with all injectable, so be sure you are receiving care from a well trained, knowledgeable, injector.  Sculptra benefits can last for up to two years.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra is Natural Lactic Acid

Scupltra is composed of lactic acid that is a natural molecule in our bodies. Polymerized lactic acid has been used for decades by surgeons as a dissolving surgical suture called Vicryl.
The product has been on the US market for over 10 years, and has been approved for cosmetic use by the FDA for about 5 years.
It needs to be injected by and experienced injector.  Superficial injections can create visible lumps.
Deeper injections cause new collagen build-up that helps create a more beautiful look.
Good luck.

Sculptra is safe

Sculptra is a very safe injectable when done by an experienced injector.  I conduct many trainings for Sculptra teaching other injectors on the safety and art of injecting Sculptra.  It is one of my favorite injectables and can work well in conjunction with other injectables such as the Voluma you had in your cheeks.

Sculptra-is it safe?

Good question! Sculptra® Aesthetic diminishes facial gauntness and creasing by stimulating an increase in the skin’s collagen, a key skin ingredient which gives the face volume and strength. Its maximum effects are typically apparent 4-6 months after the first treatment. Sculptra is rising in popularity because of its relatively long-lasting benefits, which can be evident for as long as two years. It is safe and effective. You will have to go for consultation first so the surgeon and/or nurse injector can determine if you will be a good candidate for the treatment.

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Is Sculptra safe?

Sculptra is a great, gradual option for correction of facial hollowing in the cheeks and midface. Perlane is now known as "Lyft", and it's also good for creating volume in the midface and cheek.  Voluma is a great option as well.  Sculptra is gradual and lasts about 2 years.  Voluma and Lyft give instant results and last about 2 years.  You mention that you already have Voluma in your cheeks.  You could just have additional Voluma placed in the hollow areas now, and that would give you nice correction.  All these fillers are safe.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Sculptra for volume loss in cheeks and temples

Sculptra is an ideal long lasting treatment for the cheeks and temples.  Sculptra is ideal in that once the series is completed, it will last for two years.  It is a specialized area of injection and best to consult a board certified dermatologist.

Safety of Sculptra

We use Sculptra very commonly in our practice.  It's a wonderful long-lasting treatment for restoring areas of volume loss in the cheeks (below the cheek bone - not on the bone) and in the temples.  Unlike other fillers, Sculptra is tricky and the injector has to be very experienced with it.  Be sure your injector is experienced and not a novice.

Sculptra and safety

Sculptra is a wonderful agent for volume loss in the cheeks and temples. Safety issues are similar to the other fillers and you are advised to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon that will perform the injections themselves and not delegate it to a non-physician. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon