Is 51 too old for breast implants?

Age Limit On Cosmetic Surgery

Thank you for your question! There is no age limit on cosmetic surgery.  I preform many procedures on woman of all ages.  As long as you are in good health there should not be a problem!   Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Assuming that you are in good health then no, 51 is not too old for you to have the breasts that you desire. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Your health is more important

Absolutely not. I have treated several patients who are well into their 50s and even 60s, with beautiful results. The key factor to consider is your overall physical and psychological health. If you are relatively healthy, then your age is not an issue.

Too old for breast implants.

No, 51 is not too old for breast implants. In my practice I frequently see patients over 50 years of age who are seeking breast implants. Typically, at your age,  breast implants are done to fill loose sagging skin. 

Francis X. Fleming, MD
Kennewick Plastic Surgeon

You're never too old for breast implants

You're never too old for breast implants if you are in good health. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to look as good on the outside as you feel on the inside, no matter how old you are. If breast implants would make you feel better about how you look – in clothes or out – there’s no reason to rule out cosmetic breast surgery.

To date, my oldest breast augmentation patient was 63. She had small breasts and had been thinking about getting implants for a long time. She had a new boyfriend, and the time was right for her. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts The Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants at Age 51

What women over the age of 50 were once at the upper extreme age of getting breast implants, that age and older today is common for many types of breast enhancement surgery.

Breast Enlargement at Age 51

My oldest breast augmentation (though rare in my experience) was 72 and she was thrilled with the improvement.  Many women over 50 seek an uplift and augmentation after having children often to reduce sagging and emptiness.  If you are in good health meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon and review your options.  Make sure that you have medical clearance and a recent mammogram before proceeding.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

If you are in good health, go for it!!!!

if you are in good health, then absolutely go for it. 
I have done many BA in women in their 50's. 
Life expectancy is getting longer and longer and 
we are enjoying a high quality of life for much longer 
in our lives, so why not make the most of it??

best of luck
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Implants in your 50s (or 60s)

Age alone is not a limiting factor.  My patients have ranged from 18 to early 70s for breast implants.  Your medical status is much more important than your year of birth.  Best of luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Is 51 too old for breast implants

As long as your general health is ok, there is absolutely no contraindication to having breast implant surgery at 51 years old. Make sure to see a Board - certified plastic surgeon so that you can discuss your options specific to your anatomy .

Michael H. Wojtanowski, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon