Is there anything that can be done after having antidote for juvederm eye trough injection? My eyes are worse (Photo)

Hi I had juverderm eye trough injections about 7 months ago and they were badly swollen and had purple blush that wouldn't go , I had the antidote for this on Tuesday this week and now I have this lose crepey looking skin under my eyes it looks awful.and I'm really getting stressed and upset over this I don't want room go out its awful ! Please something can be done about this I'm desperate now .Sarah

Doctor Answers 4

Juvederm dissolution with hyaluronidase

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is typical to develop swelling and bruising following hyaluronidase injection to dissolve HA fillers such as juvederm.  Give it some time to heal.  It should get back to what it was like prior to your filler.  Good luck!

Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm and Eye Swelling and Antidote

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There is too much edema and too much trauma to the area to suggest to you other lasers or treatments at this time. I would recommend waiting two weeks for the swelling to resolve before proceeding with any other treatments. In the future, Beletero might be a better choice of filler for you.  It is always best to consult an expert for these highly technical injections under the eyes. Best, Dr. Green

Is there anything that can be done after having antidote for juvederm eye trough injection?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
First, be patient. You've had swelling for a prolonged time and that filler was just dissolved. This can take some time to resolve. The recommendations provided by Dr. Emer are sound but the most important thing is to be patient. You've been struggling with this for many months and there is no reason to do anything hastily. Give this time to settle before jumping into any additional treatments. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under Eye Improvement -- Lasers and More Fillers, Thermage/Venus Legacy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This needs lasers or radiofrequency treatments and more fillers placed appropriately.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in treating this area, and please post before photos -- before anything was performed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 204 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.