Why do my eyebrows and upper eyelids appear so uneven? (photo)

Why do my eyebrows and upper eyelids appear so uneven? Are there exercises I can do to make them appear more symmetrical or is surgery/botox the only option? I don't have a preference whether they are both high or low, I just want them even. Thank you!

Botox for uneven eyebrows

Botox can be used for uneven eyebrows. When performing a brow lift procedure we deal with asymmetrical eyebrows on almost every patient, so some degree of asymmetry is normal.

Ptosis

You most likely have a ptosis of the left upper lid.  When the lid is low, the brow on that side will lift to try and elevate the eyelid.  See an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate the eyelids and brow height and determine what would be the best way to get you better symmetry. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hard to tell with this picture because you are looking down.

It is likely that you have a left upper eyelid ptosis with a compensatory brow elevation.  This requires surgery to correct.  Seek an oculofacial surgeon for this.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery maintains a regional directory on their website that can help you find a qualified surgeon close to home.

Uneven eyes and brows due to eyelid ptosis

You have left upper eyelid ptosis (droopy upper eyelid) which causes the same side eyebrow to raise in order to assist lift the droopy eyelid. The solution is left upper lid ptosis surgery. See following link and video. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry

from your photo it appears as though you hold your left brow up higher. You were probably not aware that you do this and it is very common to see in the general public. I believe a very small amount of Botox  given in the mid brow area  could begin to train your brow to come down And look more even. 

Robert Schwarcz, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon