What do I do if my surgeon thinks I look fine post diep without revisions but I'm unhappy? (Photos)

Im finding many imperfections as everything settles post diep, and I'm afraid my PS has ZERO intentions of doing any revisions... what are my options? Am I being selfish?

First stage DIEP result

You do have an excellent result, one of which most plastic surgeon would hope for after the first stage.  I'm confident that if you presented a list of issues you would like addressed, he/she would be happy to accommodate.  If not, there are many other excellent PS in NY to help.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reconstruction

It looks like you have an excellent result so far. I think you have to be specific about what you want.  You should review this with your surgeon or seek a second opinion.

Breast Reconstruction

It is always reasonable for you to make your reconstruction perfect. You are not being selfish. If you have particular concerns and you PS is not willing to revise them, then I recommend you be evaluated by someone else. Best of luck.

Revisions After DIEP Flap

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to respond to your question because you did not provide preoperative photos.  Based on your photos, your breasts have good shape, symmetry, and size that is proportional to your body habitus.  With any surgical procedure, there will always be imperfections, overall, you have an excellent result.  Without knowing how far out you are from your surgery, it is difficult to assess your options.  However, I period of waiting to allow your scars to completely heal would be an acceptable option.  I typically wait six months to a year before doing any major revisions or perform revisions when additional staging procedures are done.  

Good Day, 

Nicholas Jones, MD

Nicholas Jones, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon