Small bump still present after nasal hump removal? (Photo)

Could the little bump be caused by swelling? Or did my surgeon just not shave it down enough? The first photo was taken almost immediately after my cast was taken off and there is no bump. The second photo was taken about 24 hours later after the tape had been off for about 12 hours. And the third photo is after I re-applied tape and it looks nearly perfectly straight again. Any thoughts? Sorry, the third photo is upside down.

Too early

You are very early in the post and the bump may go down as the swelling subsides. Best of luck.......

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD