Should I get a tummy tuck or lipo?

I had 2 cesareans and they have the "pouch"that comes along with them. My stomach is very flabby and I'm trying to figure out what would be best

Tummy Tuck

It sounds like a tummy tuck would be the procedure to consider. A tummy
tuck removes the excess skin and fat as well as tightening the weakened
muscle layer. A consultation with a Plastic Surgeon might be the next
step in order to learn all the details.

Tummy tuck or lipo

From the information you provided, a tummy tuck would likely serve you best. That would remove a lot of the "flabby" skin and pouch. It would also allow us to tighten your waist, if necessary. Best of luck. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Generally excess or flabby skin in this area is best treated with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). Liposuction can be used to contour the area surrounding however excess skin cannot be corrected with liposuction alone. The excess skin and fat would need to be excised for you to achieve a flat and toned tummy. Muscle tightening (plication) will likely be needed as well based on the information provided of two previous pregnancies. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what best suits you. Best of luck to you. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck usually for women who've had children

After having children, women are often left with loose skin, excess fat and abdominal muscle separation. These are all issues that can be corrected with a tummy tuck. Only excess fat can be corrected with liposuction. However, without photos or a physical examination, it would be difficult to say which treatment would be most suitable for you.

Should I get a tummy tuck or lipo?

You may be a great candidate for a tummy tuck however, without an in person consultation and assessment it is impossible to say. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Hello. You need an in person assessment but it sounds like you'd benefit most from a tummy tuck AND liposuction. See a BCPS when you are ready to take the next step. 

Tummy Tuck Vs. Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Without photos it is difficult to give an opinion however, typically after pregnancy women are better candidates for the Tummy Tuck procedure. The best candidates for liposuction are healthy and relatively fit, have firm, elastic skin and have good muscle tone. I recommend discussing your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Flabby stomatch tightening

post pregnancy pouch and flabby stomatch  can be corrcted with lipoabdominoplasty. Were flabby mucle are plicated  , liposuction of the fat done and extra z skin is excisrd
one get huge difference in abdominal shape

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a tummy tuck or lipo?

Thank you for your question.  In most cases of women with a retained pouch after pregnancy, they most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks. The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue. Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  Hope this helps.

Liposuction or abdominoplasty

I can't imagine any description of flabby being helped with liposuction. It sounds like you probably need a tummy tuck. Photographs will would be very helpful. You should definitely find a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and present to you available options that are consistent with your expectations.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon