How Much Water Weight Do I Still Have in my Body After 2 Wks Post Liposculpture?

The amount of water you have retained will be under the areas you had liposuction. Whatever amount  is absorbed into the blood stream have already gone out of your system. If you are trying to figure out how much you have lost, it depends on the amount of fat removed. Remember fat is lighter than water and  1 ml water = 1 gram. You will get a better idea in 5-6months.

Leaking after Liposuction

During the liposuction procedure, tumescent fluid is injected under the skin.  Some of this fluid is removed with the liposuction and some is absorbed into the body.  Also, after liposuction, the ares treated swell and retain fluid.   It takes several weeks for all of the swell to resolve and every patient is different in terms of how long it takes for the swelling to resolve.  So, it is impossible to give you an exact number on how much water/fluid is left after 2 weeks.  However, rest assured, it will continue to decrease and you may see positive changes even up to 3 to 6 months.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Edema after Liposuction?

You should be aware that it will take several months for all of the swelling/inflammation to dissipate after liposuction surgery. It may take a year for the skin to retrace completely  and for you to see the final results of the surgery.

Unsure, but please give it time - takes months to see full results

That is a hard question, but give it time as it takes many months to see the full results.  good luck

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and weight gain?

This is a great question and is really explainable by letting you know that it is normal to still be up 3-6 pounds after a sizable liposuction procedure. You did not mention any volume so we are assuming that you had the real deal and a tumescent procedure, possibly with a general anesthetic! Expect under normal circumstances that you will have several more weeks of fluid retention. I advise a lymphatic massage by a trained therapist will help make you more comfortable. Also carefully monitor your diet and begin walking regularly.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Hard question to advise on because we did not give information as to amount of fat removed, amount of tumescence fluids used. What was the before surgery weight and the after surgery weight? In general terms weight loss is not what liposuction is for. At best you should be a "few" pounds down.