I want three, possibly four surgeries. Do I need to break them into rounds? (Photo)

I would love to have an abdominoplasty, a labiaplasty, a breast augmentation and not sure if I need a lift or not. I am 5'2", 145 lbs. live in Alaska so I am wanting to travel out of state to get my surgeries. Hoping I can do it in one shot. I am also looking to lose maybe twenty more pounds before I set up the surgery. But I like to do my research so help me out! Please and thank you!

Multiple Surgeries?

Yes there are some real benefits to combining surgeries...........up to a point. Trying to do too many procedures at one time puts your health at risk and frequently results in compromise of the cosmetic results. It is understandable that if you need to travel out of state it would be nice if you could get it all done at once, but I think that you have too many procedures on your wish list for it all to be accomplished in one operation. The safest approach, and the one that will give the best long term results, would be to break it up in to two separate operations. If you are planning on some additional weight loss you should accomplish that first, as it will put in the best position to get a really great result. You will also definitely need a breast lift in addition to an augmentation. Unfortunately you already have too much breast sagging to get a good result with just an augmentation, and you may experience more sagging with further weight loss.

When doing combined procedures we usually suggest performing the bigger procedures first. This will mean a longer operation and initial longer recovery, but when you return for your second surgery it will be shorter with an easier recovery. In a situation such as yours we would potentially recommend having the tummy tuck and breast lift first, then return a few a months later for the augmentation and labiaplasty.

Multiple surgeries

I recommend losing as much weight as you can before surgery. Then you will likely need to have two separate procedures as this will decrease your risk of complications (compared to one lengthy surgery). Watch this brief video for more information.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy Makeover - Breast Lift w/ Implants, TT & Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question about Mommy Makeover.

In general, abdominoplasty, labiaplasty and breast lift with implants can safely be performed all at once.  Some plastic surgeons would want you to stay in the hospital overnight; some not.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have cosmetic plastic surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover Procedures

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. From my perspective as many procedures as desired can be combined into one mommy makeover, but that would require confirmation from your surgeon. The best thing to do now is to contact local surgeons for consultations and determine which procedures will help you the best. Good luck to you.

Tummy tuck, breast augmentation and labiaplasty - one operation possible?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • Your photos suggest that a tummy tuck (possibly an extended one), with labiaplasty and breast augmentation are reasonable and can be done together.
  • Liposuction of the flanks can be done at the same time.
  • It isn't clear from the photos if you need a breast lift - a consultation is probably necessary to be sure.
  • Please be sure to allow enough time to recover after your surgery before travelling home.
  • The least I would want a patient to stay would be 10 - 14 days, ideally the full two weeks.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

At the same time

I usually do all both BA and TT procedures at the same time unless there is a compelling reason not to. Using your tummy tuck incision is great to place saline and silicone implants. Not only is it possible to place your breast implants through your tummy tuck incision, it is my preferred method in that it does not take extra time and leaves no scars on your breasts. I have been using this approach for more than 25 years with great satisfaction from my patients. 
For more information I suggest you find the right doctor and schedule a consultation. 

Far more important than deciding which surgeon is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!
I have also attached a video for a possible Mommy Makeover Candidate.

Multiple Procedures

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos, if you are in good health, you appear to be an excellent candidate for those procedures.  In our practice we often combine them to produce beautiful overall results in our patients.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your osurgical options , address your concerns and overall goals, then work togehter to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve the overall lookj you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Dr derby

I would recommend the breast lift and the Tummy tuck in 1 procedure and than later on the labiaplasty. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Combining Procedures

Thanks for your question and in general multiple procedures can be combined in many cases.  We often will perform breast surgery and an abdominoplasty as an example.  However, it's important that you have a good conversation with your surgeon about your options, as well as reviewing the pros and cons of a multiple stage versus single stage approach.  We would also want to make sure that from a health standpoint you can tolerate the procedure.  Great question and good luck!

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

I want three, possibly four surgeries. Do I need to break them into rounds?

Yes, it's always a good idea to do the research. Based on the photos you definitely need a breast lift with the augmentation. Because these are cosmetic surgery procedures, it is not a good idea to take on excess risk, and so for that reason you want to limit your surgery time to less than 6 hours. To do all 4 procedures at once would definitely be pushing that. I would recommend the breast lift and augmentation along with the labiaplasty as stage one and followed at a later date with the TT.  Or, if you want maximum safety and minimal risk, do the breast lift and TT as stage one and the augmentation and labiaplasty later. Many women with your amount of breast tissue find the lift is all they want and once they see the results from that, they decide against the augmentation. And yes, lose the weight first if losing that is realistic. It always gives better results. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD