10 month post op from TT with Lipo and I have been in severe pain ever since. Feels like barbwire wrapped around and tightening?

I have had MRi's and physical therapy with no improvement. I'm so depressed. I can hardly move without pain. I take pain medication and muscle relaxers but they don't help much. Please respond with any suggestions that I could try. I'm so depressed I can hardly ate it now.

Pain 10 months after TT lipo

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry you are experiencing so much pain post op. What you are describing is very unusual. I have performed hundreds of TT and I have never heard of this "barbwire" type of pain. What types of sutures were used on you? What is your surgeon telling you? Good luck. 

Sever Pain 10 Months Post-Op

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

Swelling and pain can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

Now, although pain can be a standard experience for months if you find yourself worried or concerned at all it would be best to visit your surgeon for an examination as to whether healing is progressing well. Good luck!