What kind of rhinoplasty procedures should I request for my nose? (photos)

I am just starting to consider rhinoplasty because my nose is very far from being elegant. I'm thinking of requesting reducing the tip and narrowing nostrils... Is it realistic for me to want the thin nose like in the last picture? What would that entail? Thanks.

Closed Rhinoplasty

I think that your ideas are very realistic for your nose. I would also recommend a slight narrowing of the nasal bones so that your new nasal tip matches the bone structure. The narrowing of the nasal bones will also make it permanently contoured so that your nose appears slimmer and matches your face. A closed rhinoplasty will be the best option for all of these procedures. By doing your surgery via a scarless (closed) approach, there are no external cuts ever on your nose.  This prevents the dreaded complication of external scarring at the base of the nose, which even if rare, if it occurs, is devastating.  Through a scarless approach you can accomplish almost everything needed to be done to the nose with no scarring, less healing time, less bruising, and less swelling. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to get the best results and advice. 

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Closed Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Deepak Dugar, MD
Scarless Rhinoplasty Expert
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Can rhinoplasty achieve this?

You have some very nice features to your face.  I think that reducing the bulbous nature of your nasal  tip while at the same time creating definition to your tip would really compliment your face.  Some narrowing of your nasal bridge along with some dorsal bridge reduction will definitely enhance the overall appearance of your nose as well.  I do not think that you will be able to achieve the nose that the model has in the photo you have provided but I think you will be very happy with the nose you should be able to have created for you with the helped of a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon.

Can rhinoplasty achieve this?

Rhinoplasty type

You appears to have a wide nose tip based on the photos, but since you have not given a full nose photo or a profile photo, Without an exam, it will not be possible to fully evaluate you and give you recommendations. Be sure to discuss your goals and concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon and consider the pros and the cons. Be certain your surgeon is properly certified.  I've attached a link where you can start your search. 

Rhinoplasty type

Rhinoplasty

Without seeing other views, it is hard to say. Just from the tip, it looks like it is too wide and could be refined. How it "works" with the other parts of the nose is hard to say from the limited photo views.

Rhinoplasty

What kind of rhinoplasty procedures should I request for my nose?

The bulbous nasal tip is usually addressed suture techniques  and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip.  The dorsal hump  can be shaved down and the bridgeline narrowed with osteotomies. For more information  and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

You don't want that nose

The other nose you show has thinner skin than yours, making that kind of result unrealistic.  Actually, though, that nose is too narrow and pinched anyway.  I bet that nose doesn't breathe well.  Go and see a rhinoplasty expert who does computer morphing.   This way you can get an idea what might be possible with surgery on your nose.  

You don't want that nose

Rhinoplasty Surgery may be considered for achieving tip and nostril narrowing.

The example you posted of a desired outcome may be too extreme to achieve for several reasons - 

You appear to have thicker nasal tip skin which can limit narrowing during rhinoplasty. You may not be able to achieve the amount of nostril narrowing you desire. Consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be feasible for you. Hope this helps! Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty Consult

You do have some tip bulkiness which can be addressed by rhinoplasty. Specific changes will be determined by the shape and strength of your tip cartilage, thickness of your skin, and proportional relationships between your nose and face. This all needs to be determined by a personal consultation with an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon. Investigate first, surgery second.

Rhinoplasty Consult

Seeking a more elegant nose

Thank you for your question.  From your photographs it seems like you would be a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty, where your lower nose cartilage is modified to provide a more petite, refined appearance.  The top of your nose is less apparent in your photographs, but you could potentially benefit from osteotomies to narrow your nose as well.  The next step for you is to find the right aesthetic plastic surgeon.  In your rhinoplasty consultation, be sure your surgeon addresses all your aesthetic goals and concerns specifically, and discusses the surgery details including the position and size of the incisions used (with actual photographs and not just digital animations), the risks and benefits of the procedure, recovery time, and post-operative course.  Also, be sure to see plenty of before-and-after pictures in women who have a similar nose appearance to yours, and preferably at different time frames (3 weeks out, 3 months out, etc) to more accurately predict your own surgical outcome.

And lastly, I think the most important component of the consultation is to establish a good connection with your plastic surgeon.  It’s the connection that allows you to clearly define your desired nose outcome goals, the first step of this whole process. If you don’t feel you have a good connection with your plastic surgeon after your consultation, he/she may not be the best surgeon for you.

For more information on Rhinoplasty, please refer to the link below.

Good luck.

Mark K Markarian, MD, MSPH

Harvard-trained Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Seeking a more elegant nose

Good luck.

Mark K Markarian, MD, MSPH